- The Dangers of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act: Much Ado About Nothing?
- Bluebook cite
- Steve Calandrillo, The Dangers of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act: Much Ado About Nothing?Steve Calandrillo, SSRN, available at http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1262042 (2008).
- Steve Calandrillo
- Item Type
- Without fair use defenses to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, consumers have more restricted access to copyrighted digital works than they do in traditional media. Unlike the early DMCA litigation, lately courts have interpreted the DMCA to better balance the interests of copyright owners and consumers and manufacturers of enabling technology. The author advocates for a uniform protection of fair use to be incorporated into the DMCA so the law can protect copyright owners, but also foster innovation.
Excerpts and Summaries
- Tuesday 21 of October, 2008 00:43:30 GMT
- Tuesday 21 of October, 2008 00:43:58 GMT
The original document is available at http://www.casesofinterest.com/tiki/item621